When you update your network credentials or connect to a new router, you will need to reconnect your Smart Devices.
The easiest way to reconnect to a new router is to leave your devices listed in the CE Smart App; follow Option 1 or Option 2 below. If the devices have already been removed from the App, please see Option 3 below.
Note: CE Smart Devices require connection to a 2.4GHz network and are not compatible with 5GHz bands.
1) The fastest way to get your devices back online and connected to your updated network is to leave your devices listed within the CE Smart App, and update/set the new router's 2.4GHz band to the same SSID (network name) and same password as your prior network; your updated 2.4GHz router band should be named the exact same as your prior network, and the password should match the past 2.4GHz network's password exactly.
Once this is updated in your router settings, ensure you are connected to the updated Wi-Fi network on your phone/tablet.
Once the 2.4GHz band's SSID and password match the past network's SSID and password, all of the devices will auto-reconnect and should come back online when you open the CE Smart App.
2) If you are unable or choose not to set the new router's SSID and password to match your last network: Leave your devices listed in the CE Smart App , update your router/credentials, then in your phone’s Wi-Fi network settings, connect to your new/updated 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network and follow the below steps in the CE Smart App to reconnect your devices:
- Click on device within the app
- Click on the “edit” pencil icon on the top right
- Scroll all the way down and click "Remove Device"
- The LED indicator on the device will begin rapidly flashing.
- As soon as the LED is flashing, within CE Smart App, click add device and follow the steps to re-connect (ensure you are choosing to connect to your new 2.4GHz network and entering the corresponding network password).
3) If you’ve already removed your Smart Devices from the App prior to following the above steps, please follow the below steps per device to reconnect your devices:
Press Wi-Fi power button once to turn plug on (Red LED).
Press again to turn off.
Press and hold for about 10 seconds and release once Blue LED is quickly flashing.
If the Red LED comes back on steady, press and release the button and the Blue LED should start flashing quickly.
Once LED is quickly flashing, within CE Smart App, click add device and follow the steps to re-connect (ensure you are choosing to connect to your new 2.4GHz network and entering the corresponding network password). While connecting, it is normal for the LED indicator to stop flashing.
- Ensure the Air-Gap Switch on the bottom of the dimmer is ON
- Press the top paddle button quickly 5 times in a row. On the sixth press and hold for 5-8 seconds and release once you see the LED light quickly flicker/flash (this is very subtle). Once released, wait 5 seconds, and the LED should begin quickly flashing.
- Once the LED is quickly flashing, within CE Smart App, click add device and follow the steps to reconnect (ensuring you are selecting to connect to your new 2.4GHz network and entering the corresponding password). While connecting, it is normal for the LED indicator to stop flashing.
See below tips if you are having trouble getting the LED indicator flashing on the Smart Dimmer:
- The LED will begin quickly flashing a few seconds after releasing the paddle. Wait 5 seconds to ensure you are giving it time to begin flashing.
- The flicker you are looking for (which signals you to release your hold) is very subtle; do not hold the paddle down longer than 10 seconds.
- Try counting out loud to ‘6-1000’—Press top paddle 5 times quickly, on the 6th, press and hold while counting out loud 1-1000, 2-1000, 3-1000, 4-1000, 5-1000, 6-1000. Release and wait 5 seconds for LED to begin flashing.
- If attempting the process more than once, keep the air-gap switch on in between attempts.
If you experience a connection failure, please attempt connection in AP mode. Reference this article for more help:
Device Connection Failure Troubleshooting & Recommended Router Settings
Please contact us if you continue to have trouble getting reconnected.