There are two configuration methods, Normal Mode and AP mode, explained below.
First, please check to ensure your phone/tablet being used to connect smart devices is connected to your 2.4 GHz WiFi network.
- CE Smart Home Devices require connection to a 2.4GHz band.
Next, make sure your device is in close range to your WiFi router.
- Default is Normal mode, however if Normal Mode connection fails, please try connecting in AP mode.
- If you have a dual band router with both a 2.4GHz band and a 5GHz band in one SSID (network name), you will need to separate the bands or connect via AP mode for stable connection.
- If you have a dual band router with both a 2.4GHz band and a 5GHz band with separate SSIDs (network names) and initial connection fails, please ensure you are connected to the 2.4GHz band only. If still having trouble, please attempt connection in AP mode.
The blue LED indicator should be quickly flashing (2x per second) when you are initializing connection.
While connecting, it is normal for the blue LED light to stop flashing.
Outlets/Plugs – AP MODE:
The blue LED indicator should be slowly flashing (1 time every 2 seconds) when initializing connection.
If you’re unable to connect in either mode, please reference the below article:
If you continue to have issues connecting, please contact us and include:
- Device type you’re unable to connect
- Make/model of your phone/tablet that you are attempting to install the devices on
- Make/model of your Router and your Internet Service Provider