Please follow below instructions to reset you Smart Dimmer Switch to manufacturer settings. Once the LED indicator light on the Dimmer Switch begins flashing, the device is reset and ready to be reconnected or removed from wiring and put away for future use. If you wish to reconnect the device after factory reset, ensure that you are connected to your 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network on your phone/tablet prior to removing the device from the CE Smart App.
If your Dimmer Switch is connected to the CE Smart App, please follow below steps:
- Open CE Smart App
- Click on Smart Dimmer you wish to reset
- Click on three dots or pencil "edit" icon in upper right corner
- Scroll to the very bottom and click “Restore Factory Setting." LED indicator will begin flashing indicating your Smart Dimmer is reset.
If your Dimmer Switch is not connected to the CE Smart App, please follow below steps:
- Ensure the Air-Gap Switch on the bottom of the dimmer is ON
- Press the top paddle button quickly 5 times in a row. On the sixth press and hold for 5-8 seconds and release once you see the LED light quickly flicker/flash (this is very subtle). Once released, wait 5 seconds, and the LED should begin quickly flashing.
Once the LED indicator begins flashing, the switch is reset. If you'd like to reconnect the Smart Dimmer: within CE Smart App, click add device and follow the steps to connect (ensuring you are selecting to connect to your 2.4GHz network and entering the corresponding password). While connecting, it is normal for the LED indicator to stop flashing.
See below tips if you are having trouble getting the LED indicator flashing on the Smart Dimmer:
- The LED will begin quickly flashing a few seconds after releasing the paddle. Wait 5 seconds to ensure you are giving it time to begin flashing.
- The flicker you are looking for (which signals you to release your hold) is very subtle; do not hold the paddle down longer than 10 seconds.
- Try counting out loud to ‘6-1000’—Press top paddle 5 times quickly, on the 6th, press and hold while counting out loud 1-1000, 2-1000, 3-1000, 4-1000, 5-1000, 6-1000. Release and wait 5 seconds for LED to begin flashing.
- If attempting the process more than once, keep the air-gap switch on in between attempts.
Please contact us with any questions or for further assistance.