When you create a Smart Scene, you are creating a ‘button’ or a widget for a one-press control of a certain preset scene. This button will be displayed on your home page within the CE Smart App. When clicked, the preset scene will be executed.
After a Smart Scene is set, the Scene can be selected to turn on/off as the result of a Smart Automation.
An example of a use of a Smart Scene would be to use as a preset button for all devices ON or all devices OFF.
To set a Scene:
- In the CE Smart App, click “Smart” in the center of the bottom panel
- Click “Scene” along the top (it will be bold when selected), then click “+” in the top right corner.
- Next you will choose how you would like to set your Smart Scene
- Click the “+” next to “carry out the following actions”
The next steps are best explained in the following example Scene: Creating a Scene to turn ON two Smart Plugs and one Smart Dimmer at 75% Brightness
- After pressing “+” next to “carry out the following actions” you will look below “Control Smart Devices” to see all of your devices listed
- Select one of the plugs you would like included in the Scene.
- Select Switch: ON
- This will bring you back to previous page and you will now see your plug listed under “carry out the following actions” and will display “Switch: On” as selected
- Click the “+” next to “carry out the following actions” again and scroll down to find your next plug you would like to add to this scene, Select Switch: ON
- Click the “+” next to “carry out the following actions” again, and select the Smart Dimmer you’d like to include.
- Select Switch: ON
- Click the “+” next to “execute the following actions” again, and select the Smart Dimmer again.
- Select Bright: Set to 75%, click back arrow
- Now all settings should be listed underneath execute the following actions. Note: you will see four settings. For the Smart Dimmer, the switch and brightness level need to be added as separate actions.
- Click “edit name” to create a name for your scene such as “2 Lamps & LivRm. Dimmer ON”
- If you’d like to change the picture displayed with your Scene on the Home Page, click the little photo icon on the bottom right corner of the already displayed photo to choose from several photo options.
- The default is set to show your scene ‘button’ / widget on the home page. If you keep this on, this scene will be displayed on your home page for easy access to execute your scene.
- To delete or edit your scene, click on the 3 dots on the scene widget within the “smart” section of the app