If you’d like to create a schedule to the sunrise/sunset with multiple devices, you will first want to create a scene with all of your devices you’d like to include. You will need to create one Scene turning ON your devices and one Scene turning OFF your devices.
- To create a scene with devices you wish to include, follow these steps (Visit the FAQ about how to set a Smart Scene for more detailed instructions on setting a Scene):
- Click “Smart” in the center of the bottom panel
- Click “Scene” along the top (it will be bold when selected), then click “+” in the top right corner.
- Click “+” next to “Carry out the following actions”
- For this example, we will create the ON scene first. Click on one of the devices you want to automate with sunrise/sunset
- Click Switch: ON
- Click “+” next to “carry out the following actions” and continue adding the devices with all switches ON
- Click “Edit name” and change to desired name, such as “All Devices ON”
- Click Save
- Repeat starting at step one to create a second Scene, this time when you are clicking on devices, click “Switch” OFF.
- Click “Edit name” and change to desired name such as “All Devices OFF”, Click Save.
Now that our scenes are created, we will create the automation that will turn these scenes on/off based on the sunrise/sunset times.
12. Tap “automation” along the top panel on the Smart page, click “+” in top right corner
13. Click “+” next to the condition queue
14. Choose “sunrise and sunset”
15. Click into “current city” and ensure the location is set to the location of your device(s). Click ok.
Here you have the option to select either sunrise or sunset; you will need to create two separate automations for each.
16. For this example, we will start with sunset. Select Sunset, click next.
17. This will bring you back to the automation’s page; next click the “+” next to “carry out the following actions”
18. Click “Execute Scene”
19. Since this is Sunset, we want to set the devices to turn ON, so we will select the “All Devices ON” scene to be executed. Click Next.
20. Click “Edit name” and change to desired name such as “Sunset - ON”, Click Save.
The sunset automation is created. We will now create the automation for sunrise.
21. Repeat steps 12-15, then Select Sunrise, click next.
22. This will bring you back to the automation’s page; click the “+” next to “carry out the following actions”
23. Click “Execute Scene” and Choose the scene you want to execute at Sunrise. In this example, we will select the preset Scene “All Devices OFF”, click Next.
24. Click “Edit name” and change to desired name such as “Sunrise - OFF”, Click Save.