If you are having issues with voice commands, or your CE Smart Home Device is not displayed within the Alexa App, first, ensure you have connected your device through the CE Smart App and have enabled the CE Smart Skill within Alexa App (Connecting to Amazon Alexa ).
If you are having issues with voice commands, please ensure that you are referring to your device as it is named within the CE Smart App. If you named your device “kitchen lamp 1” you will need to call the device “kitchen lamp 1” when speaking to Alexa. For example, “Hey Alexa, turn off the kitchen lamp 1”
If you are having other issues or issues beyond this, our first recommendation would be to try disabling the CE Smart Skill on Amazon Alexa and then re-linking. Ensure you are typing in your correct account credentials for your CE Smart App Account when re-enabling the skill.
- Click on the menu icon in the top left in the Alexa App
- Click “Skills & Games
- Search for and click into the “CE Smart” skill
- Tap "Disable Skill" and confirm "Disable" to disconnect your linked account.
- Next, you should see "Enable to Use" displayed. Click this and enter your CE Smart App account username and password. Tap "Link Now"
- Tap "Authorize" and then "done" (top left) to close the skill linking success message.
- Once skill is enabled and connected, a page asking if you’d like to discover devices should pop up. Click “Discover devices.” If this page does not pop up or you would prefer to use voice control, you may also say “Alexa, Discover Devices”. Echo will then discover the devices which have already been connected to the CE Smart App and they will be displayed in a list.
- Devices should now be reconnected to the Alexa App and ready to be controlled via voice commands—ensure you are calling the devices what you’ve named them in the CE Smart App when asking Alexa to control them. For example, “Alexa turn on kitchen lamp”
If re-linking the skill does not resolve the issue, please try removing the device from the CE Smart App and re-configuring:
- Ensure before removing your device that you are connected to your 2.4GHz WiFi on your phone/tablet with the CE Smart App
- Open CE Smart App and click on device to be removed
- Click on the “edit” pencil icon on the top right
- Scroll down and click "Remove Device"
- The LED indicator on the device will begin rapidly flashing.
- As soon as the LED is flashing, within CE Smart App, click add device and follow the steps to re-connect.
If the issue persists after trying both suggestions, we recommend completing a factory reset on your echo device and attempting again.
Please contact us if you continue to have trouble.